Thursday, November 3, 2011

Settled in and back on board

Sorry to be absent for so long but we have been on the road and settling into our place here in Arizona. It is good to be back in our second home.

Now that the bags are unpacked and the pantry is stocked, I can get back to some level of crafting. I did get out to one of my fav stamping stores here yesterday, only to find a 'Going out of Business' sign on the door. Happily, they are not disappearing altogether, just a change of location. But it does mean no classes for the next month. Rats.

Today I am showing the last of the cards made by attendees at my workshops last month. I had promised to have them all on my blog so that those who were unable to finish at the w/s could refer to them here.

The snowflake was cut using the large snowflake die from SU and their wonderful glittery silver c/s. We used waxed paper between the die and the c/s, and the snowflake (and all the little scrap bits) literally fell away from the die. Thanks for the advice Glenda.

The eggplant scallop circle is also die cut with an SU die. The ribbon tag is from Spellbinders ribbon tag trio and the sentiment is stamped with eggplant ink on white using a stamp from SU. We tied the tag on with white seam binding from SU and added a gem stone to the snowflake (Recollections from Michaels).

As you can see in the second image, this is an easel card. On the inside we added a strip of the glitter paper edged with a scallop border punch (SU) and a strip of the eggplant. Don't forget to only attach the scallop circle to the bottom half of the front when assembling.

Okay, I have almost exploded with the effort of holding off 'til the end of this post to tell you my exciting news. I will be working at the Heartfelt Creations booth at the the fall Rubber Stamp Event in Mesa this weekend. I will be working at the make and take table so maybe I will see you there. I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment