Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Heartfelt Thanks




On Monday, I got to play with some of the new product I picked up at the Rubber Stamp Event and I had so much fun.  I started with the gorgeous shaped blossom from the show (see my post from Monday for details) and built around it pulling my colour scheme from the green and copper colours. Next I dug through the paper stash and found some My Mind's Eye papers to coordinate. I cut a layer of green and stamped on it with two of the stamps from  the Elegant Borders and Swirls stamp set from HC. I used a gold coloured marker by Marvy (I only have 3 basic ink pads here) for almost all the stamping on this card. I sponged some of the copper Inka Gold around the edges of this layer, then attached some ivory satin ribbon (from Michaels) and adhered the whole panel to an ivory  5x6 1/2" card base.

The next part is what I am most proud of. I do not have a die cutting machine here which is making me crazy because I just got a bunch of new dies in addition to my new rubber. Can you tell by looking at my sentiment tag that I did it all by hand? First I traced the die and hand cut the tag shape using two sizes of the Labels 18 die set, one on some coral c/s, and one on ivory. Then I taped the paper to the die to hold it firmly and used a stylus to do the empressing right on the die. I think it turned out pretty darned well if I do say so myself. I sponged more of the Inka Gold on both die cuts, stamped the word with brown Memories ink on the smaller one, then layered them and mounted the whole works to the card with pop dots. 

Last steps were to make and mount a bow, attach the blossom, and stamp the inside with the same border stamp as I used on the front. I am sorry this last photo is a little out of focus - okay a lot out of focus. I hope you enjoy my creation as much as I enjoyed making it. 

Well I am off to get my fingers inky. I hope you find time today to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Judy, your card is gorgeous. It looks like you have been having lots of fun with your new HFC stamps, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete