Monday, November 7, 2011

The Morning After

This morning, I am looking back on my weekend working at the Make-n-Take table in the Heartfelt Creations booth at the Mesa Fall Rubber Stamp Show. I had an awesome time. I met lots of wonderful stampers, some who I know from previous stamping events. The stamping community is a small and very friendly one. I also enjoyed working with Mitch and Caleb, the two very enthusiastic young men who are running the  booth for HC. I was impressed with their knowledge of the product and company, and also how well they related to the public. They are wonderful ambassadors for the company. A few visitors to the booth thought they were my sons!! And it was great to meet Lisa Blastick, a member of HC's design team who worked the booth on Saturday. I love her work which you can check out on the Heartfelt Designs blog or on Lisa's own blog here.

Above is a picture my good friend took of me working at the booth. Left and below are some of the beautiful blossom pins we created. They were made using the Flora Grande stamps sets (the three largest blossoms) stamped and cut from some vanilla c/s with the  Blossoms 3 Nestie. The blossoms were coloured by sponging Inka Gold (avail. in 10 shades) on to the c/s. Then we cut the petals apart and used a stylus and molding pad to shape them. Next, the layers were adhered with pop dots and a pin back was attached to the back. Finally, the centre of the flower was covered with Dries Clear Art Glue and some Elements.

The result was (is) lovely and was a big hit with everyone who saw them. Even Stacey Caron from Spellbinders stopped by and nabbed one of the finished blossoms to pin to her sweater. I brought home a few of the many I made throughout the 2 days; I plan to turn them into cards. Watch for those later this week.



All in all, it was a great experience and I want to thank Heartfelt and Emma Lou for allowing me to be a small part of the team.

1 comment:

  1. absolutely gorgeous flowers you made!!! great photo too! Dont forget to contact me...hugs...lisa

    ReplyDelete