Wednesday, November 23, 2011

To all my American friends...



I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. And to all my fellow Canadians who celebrated Thanksgiving in October, it is always appropriate to remember how blessed we are.

I enjoyed making this card with all my wonderful new products from HFC. I started with a rust coloured card base and stamped on it with brown ink and the Elegant Autumn Swirl stamp. I used a q-tip to apply gold Inka Gold (IG) to the leaves in the swirls. Using the Open Falling Leaves stamp set on the same rust paper, I stamped the maple leaf twice with the brown ink, applied copper  and green IG and hand cut them. I stamped three elm leaves on green c/s and applied the IG (gold and green) and three oak leaves on light gold c/s and applied green and copper IG; I hand cut these leaves as well. Finally I stamped the autumn swirl on the light gold as well as five of the small oak leaves. After slowly hand cutting all of these out, I applied the copper IG to the small individual leaves which I then adhered to the swirl leaves.

Finally I traced the largest labels 18 die on the light gold c/s and cut it, then sponged on some IG (copper). I did the same thing to a small rectangle after which I stamped (in brown ink) the greeting from the autumn swirl set.

I used glue dots to attach the cut swirl to the label die and pop dots to raise and attach the oak leaves. The leaves were adhered to the upper right and lower left corners with a combination of glue dots and pop dots. Finally, I attached the label with pop dots.

I should add that I am not really sure what brand of card stock I used - it was in the stash. The brown ink is Memento.

I hope you all have a wonderful day, whether it is a normal Thursday or a special holiday celebration. And I hope no one gets harmed in the Black Friday crush.


No comments:

Post a Comment