Sunday, November 20, 2011

Fran-taging Fun



Well, the class I took yesterday at Stamp Works in Chandler was great fun. The teacher, Jennifer Dove, is on the design team for Stampendous and she introduced us to the new Fran-tage Essentials. These products give your work a real Wow result.

The first card was stamped with versamark ink and heat embossed with bark coloured EP. (Sorry, I don't know the brands on many of the products we used.) I used a white pencil crayon to highlight the flowers in the embossed image then cut around the outside edge of the image with scissors. Holding the card flat, sprinkle some of the granules of Chunky white embossing enamel randomly on top. Use the heat tool from underneath the surface to melt these granules. This method allows you to adhere EP without any type of adhesive product, but only works through one layer of c/s. Be careful not to burn the c/s or the previous embossing.


I did the shaped sentiment banner in a similar manner, and attached it with glue dots. I added some clear c/s to the card front so that it would sit properly, and attached some dotted DP to the inside of the card. The ribbon was wrapped around a piece of c/s of the same width  and attached to the front this is a method that allows you to attach ribbon to a single layer card without it showing on the inside of the card. Add a small knot of the ribbon to the tag with a glue dot.

For the second card, we again stamped and embossed the image (which I know is a Stampedous stamp because I bought one after the class!). We sprayed the image layer and the card front with water and dropped instant coffee granules (brand unknown!) on. The granules dissolve in the water and dry created a great aged look. Next, I tore around the image and then began apply the EP. I chose the aged copper embossing enamel and created a puddle applying the heat from underneath, then while it was still hot, dropped pieces of the tea stained mica fragments into the puddle. A bit more heat ensures they stay in place. I did this in opposite corners of the image, then added some more of the embossing enamel around all the edges. Finally, I tore some thin cork to create a mat, inked the edged with dark brown ink, and put the layers together.

 

These wonderful Fran-tage products come in a wide range of colours. I love the results using them and left a bit of money behind at the store after the class. I will be using them lots over the next little while.


No comments:

Post a Comment