Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Warm Winter Wishes times 2

Today's post will be a little longer than usual. I made two variations of this wonderful little snowman from Heartfelt Designs: Snowmen melt your Heart. This is from the same set as the snowman on the card posted October 4th. These little guys are just too cute. I made 12 of each of these two designs as part of my collection of cards for this year's mailing. I actually have all the cards made now and have 'only' to sign them all and address the envelopes. I just have to figure out how to do mailing labels from my contact list. Note to self - enlist daughter's help on that one.!            
The card design is on a blue bayou card base that was run through the Big Shot with the Northern Flurries folder from SU. The designer paper is from My Mind's Eye and is layered on some naturals ivory c/s. Then a knot of crumb cake seam binding was tied around the panel before attaching it to the base. I stamped the snowman on naturals ivory c/s with Memories black ink, dried it, and coloured it in with markers (basic gray, going gray, not quite navy, baja breeze, and pumpkin). Then I cut around him, leaving a border and mounted him with dimensionals. Inside is a strip of the designer paper and a piece of naturals ivory for the greeting. The words inside and out are stamped with blue bayou ink.



On the second style, I used a similar colour scheme of blue bayou but with white this time. I created my own designer background paper on white c/s, using HFD's Snowy Swirl in bayou ink and a snowflake from SU's Warm Winter Wishes in soft sky ink. For the greeting b/g, I used only the snowflake and stamped the words in bayou. I used the same colour scheme for Mr. Snowman, then fussy cut him (did I mention 12 times?) and added him to his base (again, only snowflakes here to keep the attention on him). Lots of dimensionals were used in the making of this card. A piece of island indigo ruffled ribbon from SU was attached to the panel behind the snowman.

Inside, another panel of  my designer paper, and an oval with a large snowflake in sky ink and the sentiment (HFD) in  bayou ink. All the ovals were cut with the classic oval dies from Spellbinders.

That is about it . I am not sure which one I like better and I hate to pick favourites; I would not want to hurt one of these little guy's feelings. . I would be thrilled if you left a comment and let me know which one you prefer.

Okay, time for breakfast and then, if I hurry with my chores for the day, maybe I can find time for more stamping. Love getting my fingers inky!

1 comment:

  1. These cards are gorgeous, your coloring on the snowman is stunning.

    ReplyDelete