Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Limited Supplies Experiment

Yes I really do have limited supplies here. Only one box of papers and one dresser drawer of widely varied accessories. So this is a real challenge for me. I am so accustomed to a huge choice of stamps, ribbons, inks, papers, etc...I really made me think.

The card base is from Die Cuts With A View. The green mat paper is from My Mind's Eye (29th street market), and the other two DPs are from K&Company (Floral Dreams). You can just see the sparkle on the patterned paper on the front panel - it is much prettier IRL. I found some turquoise rhinestones (Colorbok) and added them to the design on the front panel as well as to the corners of the card and to the greeting. They really play off the glittering DP.

The greeting was created using my computer using SU's My Digital Studio. I printed it first on plain paper, then attached my rectangle of c/s over the printed words and ran the same piece of paper through the printer again. I was a little concerned when the printer seemed to stall - I had visions of the whole works jamming because the c/s is quite heavy - but everything worked out just fine. I popped the greeting up with some dimensionals. This little experiment worked out great and I already have a recipient in mind for this card.


I must add a post script to this entry. I prepared and saved it on Friday evening. The next two days I spent at the Rubber Stamp Event (as I may have mentioned before) and I am definitely back in the rubbah, baby! I may have spent a few dollars there but I feel I have to do my share to bolster the economy, right? I am off to golf with my husband this morning, but I have already turned one of the infamous blossoms into a card and will post it on Wednesday. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment