Monday, November 14, 2011

Glitter, glitter, everywhere



You know it was a good day when you have sparkles all over your face, and so does your husband. It was a drive by glittering.

I was up a little early this morning and decided to sit down and make a card. I had planned to spend yesterday stamping but that did not happen.

I was inspired by a design by Angelica Turner. I began by stamping the two images from the HFC set, Magnificent Spruce Trees. I coloured the stamps with a pine green Marvy marker, then added Memento Cocoa ink on top. For the background trees, I stamped off  before stamping, masking the larger tree while I did it. This was all done on a piece of smooth white c/s. Next I cut a piece of two sided adhesive sheet to fit and applied it to the front. Then I covered the whole image with shell white micro fine glitter. I used my SB labels 18 die to trace the corners on the back and then I hand cut them. On a piece of lighter green c/s, I traced around the largest labels 19 die twice, side by side, then hand cut the whole thing as one die cut. Using my stylus, I impressed around the edges of the die cut to make it look like I ran it through the Big Shot to emboss. (See my entry from November 9th). I attached the glitter tree image to this die cut.

The card base is a darker green, and the DP mat on top is from K&Co. I off set the mat in the top left. Then, before attaching the tree and die cut panel, I made a small hole in the top right corner and feed the wires from a poinsettia through to the back where I taped them in place.


The final step was to stamp the sentiment from the Peace on Earth stamp set by Just Rite in green (marker) on White c/s. trace the labels 18 die, hand cut it, attach some two sided adhesive sheet, and cover the tag in the micro fine glitter. I used dimensionals to attach this label to the card.

The finished card has such beautiful sparkle to it. I tried to get a photo that showed how pretty it is. You can also apply the glitter to your c/s and then stamp right onto the glitter. This gives a much bolder image but I wanted it to look like the trees were just visible through the snow.

I had this blog entry half typed this morning when I found out I was going out to golf, So I had to finish it late this afternoon. So much for getting started at 6 am!!

Oh yes, and the ingredients. C/S is Bazzil, and the poinsettia is Ashland from Michaels.

No comments:

Post a Comment