Friday, September 30, 2011

Mission Accomplished

I am happy to report that I got another 16 cards made yesterday. This is the design I chose. I cased a beautiful card by Mariana Grigsby - you can see it here. I made my card 5"x7" so I had to add a few more elements to fill the page.

The stamp set (Merry & Bright)  is from Just Right and is designed to work perfectly with Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments 2010 die cut set. Just Right has quite a few sets that work with Spellbinders and many of them are on my wish list!

I used hunter green (SU) c/s for the base and Bazzil emerald city and brushed gold (SU) for the rest.

First I used my score buddy to create the embossed design on the background layer. Then, I stamped the ornament with encore gold ink on a separate scrap of the emerald paper and heat embossed with a fine gold EP. This was die cut with the second largest ornament die. After the ornament was cut, I edged it with a gold leaf Krylon pen. I stamped the words in gold on gold c/s, then used the ornament stamp again to create the circle around the words. Heat embossed it all and punched the circle with a 1 3/4" circle punch. These two pieces were mounted with dimensionals. (Seems I use these on almost every card!)



I used Spellbinders 12" classic lace border and gold c/s to make the top  and inside trim, and then added a strip of the gold c/s at the bottom. The ribbon is from Michaels, attached with a large glue dot, and I can't remember where the bling is from - there are no markings on the package. The little 'gems' were all attached with mini glue dots. The inside sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations also gold embossed.  (This shot was taken using my flash, so the colours are not true.)

It took me all day to make 16 of these, but I am quite pleased with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment