Monday, September 19, 2011

Autumn has arrived

Yes, I have finally accepted the inevitable. Autumn is here. Although they are promising some wonderful weather this week. I hope so, as the roofers arrived last Friday, only 3 weeks late, and have a very long way to go. I must say, the funniest thing I have seen lately is their little dog up on the roof with them.

Today, I played with some Heartfelt products, and I am rather pleased with the outcome. To create the leaves, I used 4 colors of ink and sponged a couple of pieces of vanilla c/s randomly. After letting the ink dry, I stamped the leaf motif with gold encore ink and heat embossed with gold. I also stamped and embossed a third image on vanilla with no sponging. This image was die cut using Spellbinders 'Grand Labels Four'. Then I fussy cut the leaves and layered them on  this die cut piece. I used a combination of dimensionals and glue dots for the layering.  A mat was die cut from cajun craze c/s. The sparkly swirls behind were made using Heartfelt's 'Bella Rose' die and some Recollections sparkle c/s from Michaels.  After attaching the swirls to the back of the matted image, I popped it onto the bg with foam strips. The ribbons are also from Michaels. The card base is Cajun Craze again and the finished project is
5 1/4" x 7 1/4" The background paper is from K&Co, and the inks and basic c/s are SU. Ink colors used were; Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Dusty Durango, and More Mustard.

Between the embossing, the sparkle paper and the sparkle in the ribbon, this card turned out to be quite eye catching. No mailing this baby:  I will have to save it for someone I can hand deliver it to!!

Tomorrow, I am going to give a sneak preview of the cards the ladies will be making at my Christmas card stack. See you then.

3 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judi, this is gorgeous. Love the gold embossing and that bow is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty! I really like the gold and the mixed warm autumn colours, just right for the season :-)

    ReplyDelete