Friday, September 23, 2011

Limelite Hydrangea


This is an easel card that I made for my aunt's 90th b'day. The idea was CASEd from Sandi MacIver. I would link youto her blog but I don't know how to do tht yet. Just google her name and you will find it.


The main colour is pear pizzazz and the image is from 'Because I Care'. I can't remember off the top of my head what set the sentiment is from. The green c/s mat was embossed with the 'Perfect Polka Dot' ef.  I stamped the hydrangea on white c/s, and die cut it with the Spellbinder's Lattice Square die. A larger mat was also die cut. Then I punched out about 50 tiny blossoms using one of the punches from the 'Itty Bitty' 3 pak. I sponged each little flower with pear and old olive, then shaped them all with a stylus. After attaching them to the hydrangea with mini glue dots, I added a small pearl the to center of each blossom. The sentiment label was die cut using a Cuttlebug  folder and sponged with the pear ink. Two pearls were added to it and, after attaching SU 5/8" white organza ribbon, the label was popped up with dimensionals. The lacey mat behind it all was created using a MS around-the-page punch set.  Then the whole thing was attached to a 5 1'4" square white card. Unless stated otherwise, all products used were SU.

If yu click on the picture, you will get a close up that will show the details. Lots of work, but my dear auntie is so worth it. She a like the energizer bunny - just keeps going and going......

Well, off to get some laundry done and then to the links on a glorious, warm and sunny day. Hope you are all having wonderful weather where ever you are.


2 comments:

  1. This is truly a labor of love! Your flower is amazing and just look at all those little pearls! Gorgeous my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is beautiful, it must have taken you hours to make all those blossoms? Love the card!

    ReplyDelete