Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Little Late

Yes, I am a little late today. I must admit, I got so busy designing that I forgot I had not posted yet. I am working on the last 32 of my personal Christmas cards, getting them all ready to drop into the mail on December 3rd. I need to have them all ready by late October, and that deadline is creeping up on me faster than I care to admit.

But enough about me. Here is my offering for today. My husband and good friend both needed some 'Thank You' cards last month and I made 15 of these babies. Quick and easy. I especially liked the paper I used for this. It is a retired SU dsp grouping. I used three of the designs, and cut 3 bands of colour to layer.The foliage stamp set is 'Paradise' and the words came from the 'Many Thanks' set, both from SU. The A2 card base and top layer were naturals ivory c/s, and the mats were made from chocolate chip. Ink colours were chocolate, pumpkin, olive, and mustard. I stamped two of the leaves and the sentiment directly on the ivory c/s, then stamped a third on a scrap and cut it out to mount with dimensionals. The guys I made these for appreciated that they were not too flowery and feminine. I appreciated how quickly they came together.

No comments:

Post a Comment