Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Time Keeps On Slippin`...

Yesterday was one of those days.I just had time in the early hours to get a card made, but then the day got crazy and I never got back to the computer to post. I had three friends stop by at different times to work on stamping projects and suddenly the day was gone.

So today I will post two projects.

The first is another of the cards from my Christmas work shop. I just love this little guy from Heartfelt Designs. He and his buddy have put in a lot of time on my workstation this fall. You will meet the other snowman at a later date.

I stamped him on white with Memories black ink, coloured him with SU markers, and cut around him leaving a border. Then I stamped a small area of his hat to include the holly, coloured it, fussy cut it and mounted it on him with a dimensonal.  I stamped the holly from a coordinating HFD stamp, coloured and cut it out too. The sentiment was stamped and die cut using the a nestie petite oval, then the holly was attached with a glue dot. The designer paper is Recollections from Michaels and the card base is cherry cobbler.

You can find directions on how to cut and fold this center step card here at Splitcoast Stampers, a favorite resource of mine.




Stamps: SU-Snowflakes, HFD-Snowmen Melt your Heart , Elegant Holly Swirls, and Warmest Greetings (inside).









Project number two is the card I got made yesterday morning. It is a Z-fold and the finished size is 5x7.

I stamped and embossed the doily and the border lace in white. The doily is so intricate and pops off the darker paper so boldly, you have to do a double take to realize it is not a real one.

This is pretty straight forward. I free cut around the doily, then laid it onto the lighter blue paper and created my own mat.It was just too flimsy without some kind of backing.

I have not put any sentiment or verse on this one yet; I think I will leave that until I actually use the card.


Stamps: SU-Hello Doily, HFD-Shabby Chic Lace            .

Papers: SU cs-Pool Party and Island Indigo, K&Co dsp -
K Ology Addison Blue Garden Swirls.

Ribbons are both SU.


Sorry the smaller shot is a little contrasty. It is so very dull and dreary here this morning, I had to use my flash. I normally count on natural lighting.

Well, things to do, so that is it until tomorrow. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment