Thursday, September 15, 2011

And so it begins.

I have been on a Christmas card bender for the last couple of weeks. But I will save those for another day. I want to share a card I made about a month ago, and finally gave to my bestie, Mary, for her b'day on Tues. We had a wonderful morning of shopping followed by lunch and lots of planning for our proposed trip to France in a year.

This card was made using all SU products. I used the card from page 124 of the catalogue as my template. The first layer is Wisteria which I embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper folder. Then I cut three 'doilies' from the 'flirtatious' DSP and added stamped and hand cut medallions that I made using the 'Delicate Doilies' stamp set. I used more paper from the DSP package for the band across the lower portion which was backed with two border strips created with the 'lace ribbon' border punch. I stamped the sentiment to layer behind a beveled windowpane (can you see the doilies I stamped by the words?) . This was attached to the card using 5/8" organza ribbon. The final touch was some basic rhinestones  on the doily images and also on the windowpane.

If anyone is out there looking at this, thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment