Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Live in the Moment


The past couple of weeks around here have definitely been worth remembering and I know that when we are locked in the deep freeze of Janurary, I will want to hold a day like today close in my memory.. This is my humble attempt to emulate nature.

The card base is ivory and is 5" x 7" . The first layer
is also ivory with ink sponged on in blended
layers. The upper right corner was left blank
and some spots were added. Ink colours used
were straw, honey, rust, and broken china all
from Ranger.. The stamp sets were
'French Folliage' (SU) and Stampers
Anonymous -'Nature's Moments'.

I made the braid and tassel using some teal
omber shaded embroidery cotton. The top layer and
teal mat were die cut with Spell Binders '
deckle edged rectangle nesties. The leaves were layered on with dimensionals.





 One more thing I wanted to share today. Last week my DH this wonderful bow maker for me. In fact he made 3 of them, 2 for me and 1 for my BFF who struggles so much making any kind of knot or bow. I hope this will help as she has 25 Christmas cards at her home waiting for bows!!

Please note that he even painted the base so that we would not get slivers. What a sweetheart!














1 comment:

  1. Simply beautiful card and awesome bow maker! Is he willing to make more, I could probably sell 3 of them already for my bow challenged friends. ;)

    ReplyDelete