Thursday, April 12, 2012

Southern Comfort

Wow. I can't believe a whole month has flown by since I last stamped or blogged. We have been so busy here with company that getting all my supplies out and occupying the only workspace I have here, the dining table, has been out of the question. 

This card is for my cousin who lost her husband and I will have to put it into the mail today, so I had to get the pictures taken quickly.


The textured ivory base cardstock is Bazzill as is the mat and the larger oval mat. The c/s for these latter two is called Two Scoops (orange sorbet) and is already embossed with that pattern. The oval is the flip side of the paper which is two colours.

The stamps are from Heartfelt's Floral Cross collection; Malabar Clematis, Twining Clematis, and Cross and Lilies. I also used HFC's matching Cross and Lilies Die to cut the cross and the flowers. I used a cotton swab (I know!) and SU inks (Pear, Peach, and Coral) to colour the flowers, leaves, and stems. Then I shaped them and layered them on the Stamped cross image. The cross was then attached to the card front with foam dimensionals.

 I stamped one spray of flowers separately on Ivory c/s and fussy cut it into two, then added some more shaped flowers to the sprays.

I die cut the peach and ivory ovals with Spellbinders classic oval dies. The ivory one was left in the die while I sponged on some coral ink. Then I removed it, added the sentiment from the cross set with black memories ink and attached it to the peach oval.

The scroll medallions behind the oval were die cut using HFC's Decorative Butterfly Border Die. These were glued to the mat and then the oval piece was added with foam dimensionals. Then the sprays were attached using a combination of glue and dimensionals.

The final touches to the front were the pearls and some Flower Soft in the flower centers.

On the inside of the card, I stamped the greeting from the Cross and Lilies and two sprays from the Twining Clematis which were coloured as on the card front.




I really love these new sets from HFC and I think I will get a lot of use from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment