Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Verve Challenge Revisited


With enough free time on my hands in the next week or so, I have decided to take another stab at the Viva la Verve Sketch Challenge. Unusual for me I know, but I will start with the week one sketch.



And here is my interpretation. I chose the patterned paper first and then just rolled with it. I love the bright, cheerful colours here.
The card base is another card from a package of plain white cards and envelopes from Michaels. It is just so convenient and economical too. Then I cut a piece of daffodil c/s (SU) and embossed it with an embossing folder, also SU, which I believe is no longer available.

The white rectangle and circle (die cut with Spellbinders classic circles die) were embossed with the 'Dotted Swiss' folder. Behind the white circle is a scallop circle, also Spellbinders, cut from some rose coloured paper I had in my stash. The banner is die cut with SB banners die and stamped with a greeting from HFC's 'Door to My Heart' and some black Memories ink. I attached the circle with foam dimensionals.



The striped paper is S.E.I. and the flowers were die cut from a matching piece of S.E.I. with the SB carnation die. I put them together with glue dots and added some pewter dew drops. The wonderful pear green (SU) flourish was die cut with a Cheery Lynne die, Tropical Flourish.

I used lots of dies on this card which is good because I have gone a little crazy buying dies lately and I need to start putting all my purchases to use.

I hope the lively colours on this card put spring into your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment