Thursday, April 26, 2012

Week Four - Just in Time





I have been a little busy since I my last post and am now rushing to get everything done by the deadline (tomorrow) for the Viva la Verve Challenge

Here is the final sketch for April.

.



I started with the same Graphics 45 paper that I used early last month here. The card base is ivory and there is a mat of soft teal (Core-dinations) under the main piece of patterned paper.

I used ivory cardstock and die cut 3 triangles with a Marianne die from a 2-set called Corners. I also cut a rectangle of ivory c/s and embossed it with a Spellbinders Mbossabilites folder - Garden Delight. Then I attached all of this to the card and added the tiny pearls (Stampin'Up!)

I die cut the butterfly from a darker teal shade c/s (Core-dinations). with the SB die, Fanciful Flight. Then I covered a rectangle of clear acrylic c/s (HFC) with a piece of Sookwang tape sheet. The die cut butterfly was attached to this rectangle and I attached pearls to create the antennae, then fussy cut around the butterfly.  I covered the whole thing with a microfine transparent glitter and tapped off the excess. The result is this shimmery beauty. Of course it is hard to capture the shimmer with the camera. The final touch was a variety of sizes of pearls for the body. Then I shaped it and attached it to the card with red tape.

Now all I needed was a sentiment. First, I stamped my words (HFC's new Western Sentiments) on ivory with Color Box teal ink. Then I used  SB Fancy Tags die to cut it out. The teal under layer was cut with the Fancy Tags 2 set. I attached the bottom layer directly to the card, and added the top layer with foam dimensionals. Last, I added the pearls.

Okay, now all I have to do is get all four cards loaded up on the VLV site on Splitcoaststampers.

We are starting to look at the end of our stay here in AZ for this spring. That means packing up and cleaning, then the long drive home. Of course, that is followed by getting organized and acclimatised back in Alberta. So I once again make no promises for any posts for a while. I hope you will all have patience with me.

Meanwhile, get your fingers inky!

No comments:

Post a Comment