Thursday, April 19, 2012

To Ribbon or Not To Ribbon

...that is the question. I tried out some of the wonderful sheer 1/8" ribbon from SU on this creation and curled it with my finger and thumb nail. I am not sure about the outcome.

This is another VLV sketch for week two of April. I decided on a landscape layout and twisted things around a bit but it is the same sketch.

The base is my usual white card from a Michaels package. Then I added a layer of garden green and attached the three rectangles which were cut from SU's DSP pack, Beyond the Garden. I am liking the coral, peach, and green combo.


I stamped the image (Bird & Butterfly Labels from Our Daily Bread Designs) with coral ink on white c/s, then die cut it using a Spellbinders #18 label die. I decided to leave the sentiment oval blank for now. I will die cut an oval with a suitable sentiment when I decide to use this card.

The leafy swirls were die cut from the green c/s using Cheery Lynne's Tropical Flourish die (my new fav), and the butterflies were die cut using Spellbinders Butterflies 2. I left them in the dies and sponged on some coral ink before removing and shaping them.

I wrapped a piece of white sheer/satin ribbon (SU) around a rectangle of coral c/s. Then I attached the flourishes to the label and put it on the card with foam dimensionals. I curled the coral ribbon and attached it to the backs of the butterflies with glue dots, the used more glue dots to add them to the card.

I am still undecided about the ribbon. Maybe I just need to shorten them a bit.


That is it for now. Have a great day and get your fingers inky.


No comments:

Post a Comment