Friday, April 20, 2012

Keeping My Head Above Water

Well, the 4th Verve sketch comes out tomorrow and I am just finished #3 on time. Maybe this month I will actually get my act together and get everything posted on Splitcoast Stampers on time.

The third sketch for the Viva la Verve Challenge is as follows:



And here is my card based on the sketch:





I just bought these beautiful papers yesterday and was itching to put them to use. I have never been one to make antique or shabby chic cards but these designs were made for that style. They are from a Kaiser Craft collection called These Days. I rounded the corners on the floral layer, roughed the edges a bit and then distress-inked both layers with antique linen ink.

I cut the adorable floral circle with the Heartfelt die, Layered Scalloped Posy. It is a half circle die so you have to run the paper through twice, moving the die in between. I also inked the edges of the die cut with the linen ink.

The beautiful crocheted lace is from Joann's and I attached it using glue dots. The flowers are by Petaloo and the pearl swirls are Recollections from Michaels.

The oval die cut was made with Spellbinders Floral Ovals set, inked with the linen ink before removing from the die, and attached with foam dimensionals. The sentiment, stamped with tea dye distress ink, is from a Just Rite stamp set called Fancy Labels.

This is such a soft delicate card and I do like it . I may have to try more in this style.



1 comment:

  1. Omgosh!!! Judi this has to be one of my favs from you! So super shabby chic and just absolutely gorgeous!! You really should upload this to scrapbook.com....Im sure it would be a huge favorite there! hugs!

    ReplyDelete