Thursday, March 8, 2012

Taken with Teal

Another post, another VLV sketch. This one is week #3 for February.

 



I began with a beautiful piece of patterned paper from Graphics 45 collection, Once Upon a Springtime. I cut the four panels and adhered them to a base made from Core-dinations c/s . Then I cut two lengths of ivory seam binding, angled cut one end of each and attached them to the card side by side, trying to make it look like a single piece of ribbon..

I die cut the beautiful lacy circle with the brand new Sizzlits Die, paper doily,  from SU.  The c/s is again Core-dinations in a beautiful deep teal. I decided to back the die cut so I cut a circle from ta lighter teal Core-dinations c/s using SB's lacy circle die. I would have preferred a simple scallop die but don't have that with me. The limitations of crafting while travelling frustrate me sometimes. I used the same lacy circle for the ivory background circle, which I sponged some ink onto while it was still in the die. I did the same with the sentiment circle (SB).

I used ColorBox pigment inks and the sentiment stamp is from the Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz stamp set, Nature's Moments. The butterfly is from Nature's Discovery. The beautiful jewel brad is from HFC, and finally the ribbon is SU's ivory seam binding. I used some foam dimensionals to attach the sentient circle and the butterfly

I think I liked this better towards the beginning of the design process when I had fewer elements on it, but I kept going so that it matched the sketch. I find it a little too busy now. Oh well. I may revisit this one at a later date.










1 comment:

  1. beautiful colors judi! Dont forget this months sketches too! hugs!

    ReplyDelete