Sunday, January 29, 2012

Verve Challenge Exhibit A




Hello fellow bloggers. I seem to be on a new kick. I have designed cards for a second challenge, this one for Verve. This is only my second time to enter a challenge. The two cards on today's post are layouts #3 and #4. I plan to get the other two layouts done and posted early next week.





This is layout #3. and here is my card. The patterned paper is K & Co, and the  teal card base and butterfly base c/s is Core-dinations. The card size is 5x7". The chocolate and white c/s as well as the chocolate satin ribbon are all SU. I die cut the rectangle with an SB lacy rectangle and sponged some teal ink on before removing from the die. Then I lightly stamped a floral spray on with light plum ink and the Stampers Anonymous words with chocolate ink. The ruched ribbon was created by attaching a long piece of sticky strip to the card, then attaching the ribbon at one end and randomly scrunching and sticking it down as I worked across to the other side. Clear as mud? The butterflies were die cut with SU's beautiful butterflies Bigz die. The antennae are a single floral stamen from Michaels. The pearl body and swirls are also from Michaels. Finally, the row of tiny pearls on the rectangle (popped up with double foam squares to fit over top the ribbon) are from SU.






Here is the sketch for week 4, a CAS challenge. I did try to keep it clean and simple but because of the rather fancy flower, my card might not be considered CAS. I had the flower sitting on my desk from last November - see my post about it here. So I decided to finally use it in a card. I chose lucky limeade and brilliant blue from SU as my accent colours. The trim and label are both die cut using SB's lace doily accents die set. After rifling through my huge stash of patterned paper unsuccessfully looking for something to coordinate with these two colours, I had a light bulb moment. Why not make my own designer paper? So I use some pre-embossed paper from SU and sponged on ink to match. After a bit of buffing, the embossing shines through and voila, a perfect match. The phrase, stamped in brilliant blue ink, is from Verve, appropriately enough. Because the flower was already made, this really was a quick card to make. It only took me about 1/2 hour which I have to say is a record for me. Well, off to do some housework - where is that maid when you really need her! I hope you get your fingers inky today.



No comments:

Post a Comment