Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Exhibit B - Great Love



I have the third of four cards finished for the Verve Challenge. My colours on this card are pink pirouette and rich razzleberry. Here is the layout from Verve.



I began with the two beautiful papers from K & Co and chose my palette to match. The background patterned paper is from SU, which I matted with the razzleberry and attached to the card base. I also matted the vertical band of dp with razzleberry (I should have used a paper with a shorter name!)

I wanted something a little different for the horizontal band mat so I went to my ribbons and found some organdy that matched. However, I felt I wanted something a little more solid so I decided to pleat it. Hmm. It took a little work, as I chose to do it by hand, not on a sewing machine, but I managed to get a look I liked.

The label and mat are the same size, die cut with SP #18 label die and offset. The sentiment was created on my Office Word and printed on the pink label. The flowers, from SU, are ivory in their original state, so I died them, then added the rhinestone centers with crystal effects. I also used the CE to attach the flowers to the label. The beautiful ribbon is also SU (I tied the bow together using a small bit of fine wire, then attached it with a glue dot) and the crystal swirls are Recollections from Michaels.


This one took a while to come together, but I am please with the results. Hope you like it too.

1 comment:

  1. another beauty! that bling really gives it the final touch to a stunning card!

    ReplyDelete