Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The big purge

In case I have been missed by anyone, I have been keeping busy since the holidays trying to purge, organize, and generally clean up my craft room. Gotta make room for new stuff, ya know? I went through about 15 shoe boxes of cards and card fronts that have accumulated since I began stamping about 12 years ago. Holy c**p, that is a lot of paper and supplies used.

I created 3 piles; I will use, I will give to Ronald MacDonald House, and EEEEK, what was I thinking (which I dis-assembled, and then recyled what I could). Some of the first pile were only fronts, so I started attaching them to 5x7 blank card bases from Michaels. A few benefited from matting first, and I think they turned out pretty good.

Here are two that I used for a couple for friends' birthdays this week, so I shot a couple of quick pictures before giving them away. Remember that these were made several years ago so I may be a little sketchy about what products I used. Please bear with me.


Card One: I stamped a floral image on white c/s and embossed with clear EP, then sponged on some rose and saffron ink. After removing the EP with an iron and some paper toweling, I stamped a script background with rose and some swirls with burgundy. I added the rose grosgrain ribbon and matted everything with burgundy c/s.

In the revamp last week, I added the crystal and pearls hat pin and the burgundy label, made with a Cuttlebug folder. I added the white insert with a burgundy greeting and the two half pearls, then mounted the whole thing on the white card base. Except where stated, all products are SU.






Card Two: I stamped the image several times on glossy white c/s with a permanent ink, then sponged five colours over top to resemble a rainbow, and added some black ink around the edge with a sponge. After crinkling some black organdy ribbon with the heat tool, I attached it to the panel and added the bronze wire swirl. The panel was then attached to a rose mat which was also distressed around the edges with black ink. Then the word was stamped in black.

In the second phase, I added the black back mat and the
row of black 'rhinestones' across the bottom before
attaching everything to the white card base. Again, all
products were SU.  




Believe me, There are LOTS more where these came from. If I do not get back to making cards for a couple of years, I will not likely run out. But that is just such a scary thought, not making cards. I just have a few more projects to finish up and I will settle down to create. For now, it is back to the sewing machine to follow up on a couple of promises I made over the holidays. I will be back soon.                                                                                        

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Judi....Im so glad you are back creating again...thanks for all the loving at my blog.... the lace I usually get at joann's...glad you will be back in feb..there are 2 conventions coming soon....the stamp convention in march and the scrapbook convention in april...hope to see you soon..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judi thanks for visiting my blog today. I had to come over to see what you were up too!!! Looks like you are re-creating yourself. How cool is that!!! Your re-vamped cards look beautiful. I love it that you updated them. Can you believe I don't have very many cards in my stash. I need to build it up!!! lol I send most of mine out. How cool that you sew too. I love sewing, I used to have a business sewing making fabric dolls, animals, and wall hangings.

    ReplyDelete