Wednesday, January 25, 2012

When My Batteries Fail


Usually I am complaining that my memory is failing but yesterday it was my camera batteries failing that had me stopped in my tracks. I got this card made in the morning but when I tried to get some pictures, the batteries were dead. So I went to the charging unit to get the second, presumably charged and ready set, only to find that they, too, were lifeless.

I decided, while the battery situation was getting corrected, to get the info on this creation written up before my memory failed me as well and I forgot what products I used.

I knew I wanted to work with the Fancy Labels stamp set from JustRite and the #13 label die from SB. I stamped the pretty label on white c/s with Versamark, then heat embossed using SU's wild wasabi EP. After die cutting it, I coloured in some areas of the design with a wisteria marker. None of the oval dies I have matched the center oval area of the stamp, so I hand cut an oval and stamped a sentiment from Fiskar's Friends Forever Quotes stamp set using wisteria ink. The Fiskars set is clear acrilyc and did not seem to want to take the ink well, so I ended up going over the stamped sentiment with the marker. Then I cut one more label in the largest size for a mat, and put all three pieces of the element together with foam squares and dimensionals

The patterned paper is from the Bright Blossom collection by s.e.i. This paper has some very pretty glitter which I hope showed up in the picture. I cut a rectangle of wisteria c/s for a mat and punched around the border with SU's Scallop Trim border and corner punch set. Then I attached everything to a white card base and added a bow of white seam binding using glue dots.

Of course the inside got a treatment as well and I can add any words I want above 'true friend' to suit the occasion  - I just have to remember what colour ink I used! I may have to pencil it in in case I am in a big hurry and don't have time to come back here to find the info. That is usually the case; me getting a card ready 3 minutes before we go out the door. Of course, I know none of you would ever do that.

Okay, back to the sewing machine for one more day. Then I may try a card with sewing on it. I love the shabby chic effect that gives. See you again soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment