Thursday, January 26, 2012

Non Traditonal

A quick post today. This card will be an entry for the Paper and Such 'non-traditional' challenge. It is also the challenge at Ribbon Carousel. You are asked to make a card using colours that would not be necessarily expected, and also use some type of ribbon or fiber 'that comes on a spool'. That is a very open challenge and I remembered this card I made a while back that really fit the bill. Sorry that my picture is a little tilted.



I stamped a design and also applied ink direct-to-paper using mustard ink on mustard c/s. Then I ripped the paper diagonally and distressed the edges with more mustard ink. I applied a strip of self adhesive copper coloured mesh to a brown card base, then attached the two pieces of c/s. On a copper metal tag I began adding layers of copper EP and when I had built up several layers, I pressed a stamp into the EP while it was still hot. Then I punched 5  holes into it with my crop-a-dile and  attached copper brads to 4 of them. I stamped the keys on mustard c/s and fussy cut them, then tied them to the tab with some copper cord and some tan and brown embroidery floss.Then I attached the tag to the card with sticky strip. That is about it, a Valentine with no red or pink on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment