Friday, January 20, 2012

Thoughts of Travel


The patterned paper in this card is part of a number of coordinating papers that I came across in a shop in the Phoenix area last November. It practically reached out and grabbed my arm as I walked near. It has a definite East Indian/SE Asian theme and the colours are just so rich and vibrant which, sadly, does not translate to the photo. It turned my thoughts to that part of the world which I hope some day to visit. I wish I could attribute these wonderful designs to the company responsible for them, but alas, said company did not see fit to print their info on their papers. Seriously? You want me to remember that info from 2 months ago? I doubt I remembered it by the time I got into the car that day!

The c/s for the base is Bazzil - a lovely shimmery textured c/s which I also used for the label and the floral motif. The mat and bottom layer of that motif are SU's teal. As to the wonderful shiny fuchsia c/s, I am again at a loss. I used SB's lace motifs and accents dies for all the trims and motifs. The pumpkin satin ribbon is SU as is  the stamp which I went over with a sharpie because it is difficult to get a sharp image when stamping on textured c/s.

The final touch was the beautiful antique looking gem brad by Creative Charms.

You mustn't forget the inside of the card.

I have to add that every time I look at the words, visions of the Golden Girls flash through my head. I can't get that song out of my mind now.

I have lots of this wonderful paper left and I am sure you will see it again soon.

2 comments: