Thursday, January 16, 2014

Aaaaahhhhhh.........

Well the last of the eggnog has been drunk, the decorations are safely packed away for another year, and I have seen my last snowflake of the season. I am safely back in my southern home and finally back in my craft room again.

For my first post of the new year, I have decided to try another JustRite Challenge - #112. This one is a color challenge - green blue, lipstick red, and peach puff.


JRFC112

I had to go out in search of some cardstock as my limited supply here did not include these colors. I hope what I was able to find is close enough to the requirements.


I also picked up some paper flowers at Hobby Lobby - Spare Parts.   I stamped the background stamp using brown permanent ink, heat set it, then lightly applied the peachy colored ink with a baby wipe.

I attached the blossoms with quick dry paper glue.

Inside, I attached some separated petals along the border with glue dots.

Stamps: JRS French Rose Background, JRS For All You Do

Vintage Labels, JRS Large Fancy Sentiments.

Dies: JRS Vintage Labels Three; I do not know the brand of the lacy circle and the inside borders.  (They are the first thin dies I ever bought and at the time did not have a blog so never thought I would need that info.)

Cardstock: colored c/s brand unknown - purchased at Hobby Lobby, Stampin'Up! white.

Ink: VersaMagic pumpkin spice, VersaMagic turquoise gem, Archival coffee.

Other: Spare Parts paper flowers, Zip dry glue.



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I think the colors match the challenge perfectly.

    Great idea adding the flowers (awesome find at Hobby Lobby! ) in those areas on the background stamp looks wonderful!

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy, I saw your card up at the JustRite challenge site and thought it was just lovely. You did a beautiful job and I love the flowers too....I think Hobby Lobby has such a great selection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card, Judy!! The flowers look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME! I love how you added flowers onto that background and how you decorated the inside! Thanks for joining us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE the different layers and the FUN flowers!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete