Wednesday, December 4, 2013

My First tutorial

Two posts ago, I mentioned that I made the sparkly silver paper bow manually because I do not own the SU die that cuts them out for you. So it occurred to me to show you how I made the bow in a few simple steps.

First, this is the finished product, a birthday card for my good friend and fellow crafter. In fact, Wendy is the lady who first got me into rubber stamping and paper crafting. Here's to you, my friend. 





This picture is of my original pattern pieces, with a few dimensions written on them. I drew these pieces freehand, then worked with them to get them even. Cut 2 each of the bottom two pieces and l each of the top two.



I traced them with a pencil on the back of the paper I wanted to make the bow from, then cut them out. Here are the six pieces of the bow cut out and ready to assemble. 



And this shows the start of the assembly. I used a pencil to curl the pieces around , and then glue dots to hold them together. After I attached the five largest pieces together, I wrapped the small rectangle around everything and fastened it with glue dots.

Finally, I adhered the finished bow to the front of the card.




The patterned paper is from HFC's newest collection, Antiquity. The card base, bow and solid coloured diecuts are made with a great Swiss dot pre-embossed paper by Bazzil in the colours; Clover Leaf and Blissful.

The greeting, stamped with VersaMagic - Hint of Pesto - on a scrap of the same paper, is from the Justrite set, Celebration Labels One. I diecut the three layers using Spellbinders sets; Labels One, and Decorative Labels One. 




The inside is another square of the patterned paper with a handwritten message. Very quick and simple, and again, I am pleased with the look of the bow.


I hope you can put this information to use in your own creations. 

This will be the last post for a month or so. Now is travel time and Holiday preparations. I will try to get back at it by mid Jan. 

Meanwhile, I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season. And when it all gets too crazy, take some therapy time to get your fingers inky!! 


2 comments: