I decided I wanted to take another run at the JustRite Stampers challenge #112. Just to remind you, it is a colour challenge as seen in this photo.
And this is my second card using these colours.
So what did I learn that was new, you ask. Well I was not sure if it would work, but I decided to try using a Spellbinders die to cut through two layers of card stock. Lo and behold, with a little perseverance and 6 runs through the Grand Caliber, it worked!! My excitement made up for my disappointment in the fact that the Curved, Scalloped, and Bracket borders are all only 6 " long and I make most of my cards 5X7. I need to send a strongly suggestive message to Stacey over at Spellbinders. But I digress. Where was I? Oh yes, die cutting two layers. To make things even trickier, because my card is 7", I had to shift the trellis die after the first cut was complete, line it up perfectly and run it through again several times to get the last inch cut.
For the top label, I used the peach coloured gelato and a baby wipe to create the light peach tone on white c/s before stamping the image. Then after die cutting, I decided it all needed the colour to be a bit more saturated, so I sponged on some VersaMagic pumpkin spice on the edges and over the center section.
The little flowers on the bow are a retired item from Stampin'Up! that only came in ivory, so I coloured them using my aqua brush and some dye ink that I applied onto a craft sheet using the Marvy ink pad. I attached them to the bow with Ultimate glue. Sorry about the photo. Focus, girl, focus.
And, of course, the inside.
I am still not completely thrilled with the finished product and may give this one more try, though I am running out of time for the deadline.
Stamps: JRS Celebrate Today Vintage Labels.
Papers: Graphic 45 Secret Garden, Bazzil red and blue c/s, SU white c/s.
Dies: JRS Vintage Labels 4, SB Floral Ovals, Classic Ovals, Fancy Lattice
Inks: Ranger Distress Broken China, VersaMagic pumpkin spice and cranberry, Marvy light orange.
Other: SU white satin ribbon, SU ribbon flowers, Ultimate glue, 3M foam tape, Zots glue dots.