Monday, October 24, 2011

Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge

Hello fellow stampers. sorry to have been AWOL for so long. I have been rushing around, trying to squeeze in lots of last minute visits, appointments, packing, and cleaning before leaving for the south in 3 days. If you think there has been a long stretch of silence from me this past little while, wait until the next month is over. I am going to try to post once a week but I make no promises. Because this is still quite new to me, I will be playing it by ear.That said, here is a card I found some time for today. I just treated myself to the Layered Poinsettia die from Spellbinders, and just had to take some time to give it a try. I decided I would use the layout from Stamping 411, (here and on the right) as a starting point. As you can see, I moved things around a bit to allow for the size of the poinsettia.  I used ruby red and old olive c/s. After the petals and leaves were cut, I left the paper in the die and sponged ink (real red and handsome hunter) over the back to create the veins. Then I sponged more ink on the edges of all the pieces to make them stand out a bit. A beautiful gold pearl brad was added to the center. I put the whole thing together with glue dots. The designer papers are older retired SU papers. The card base is ivory, with hunter and red mats and the gold ribbon is from Michaels.
Oh yes, the words are from a retired SU set (name) and I stamped them in hunter ink. I really like this set of dies and I think I will be getting my money's worth from it.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment