Friday, October 7, 2011

What do you mean it`s Friday...

Where has the week gone. Between construction at our house, prepping for the next class, getting ready for my family this weekend (it is Thanksgiving here in Canada) and my book club meeting here last night, for which I had to get the book finished, the last few days have flown by.

So again, I will post two cards today in an effort to `catch up`.

This is a card that I made a couple of months ago for a male birthday. I mixed together some copper coloured cosmo fine glitter with some aged mahogany distress embossing powder. Then I stamped the medallion on naturals ivory card stock with chocolate craft ink, applied the mixture and heat embossed it. I trimmed around the image, adhered it to a circle of choc.chip card stock, and distressed the edge of the circle. The rust card base is stamped in choc.chip ink with the sanded background stamp. A piece of chocolate ribbon with an ivory brad  was glued to the card front, then the circle element was attached. Finally, I stamped the sentiment in rust on naturals ivory card stock, punched it out with the oval scallop punch, layered it on a chocolate oval, added brown brads (I had to trim the brad `legs` so that they would not stick out) and used a piece of sticky strip to attach it all to the card.

Except for the Ranger embossing powder, all products used were SU.


This card is one of the six I designed for my classes.

The 5`x7`base is white card stock. I began by stamping several times on the glossy white card stock with the Snowy Swirl stamp from Heartfelt. I used versamark, then heat embossed with white EP. I also did a 1 inch strip for the inside of the card and stamped the sentiment on a small rectangle . After the embossing cooled, I sponged teal and cool caribbean inks all over these 3 pieces.

On a rectangle of plain white cs, I stamped the Sleigh Ride image in Memories Black ink, and added a bit of colour with caribbean and going gray markers. I trimmed this to fit behind the Decorative Window Scene (Heartfelt) which was die cut from teal cs. I glued these together and attached them to the background with dimensionals. The teal mat for the sentiment was  punched with the Scallop Trim Corner Punch at both ends. More dimensionals used here.

The inside strip was matted in teal and the words were stamped with teal ink.

Except where noted, all products used are SU.

Well, that is it for this week. I am off to have lunch with my good friend, Ellen, at Lazia, then back home to get ready for the holiday weekend. I am looking forward to a relaxing time visiting with my family. I hope you all have a great weekend too, and if you are Canadian, Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment