Friday, October 14, 2011

Ooooh, Shiny

My husband accuses me of being a bit of a magpie when it comes to bling. Well, here is some subtle sparkle for the holiday season. After all, Christmas is the best time for sparkle.

This card is a CASE of one by Lee Conrey. I love her work which is typically very CAS (clean and simple) although I would be more inclined to use the word elegant instead of simple.


Although I did not get as far along on my goal for yesterday as I wanted, I did get my sample made and everything cut and ready to assemble for another 16 cards. And most of the household chores done as well, but that is so mundane. I need to hire a housekeeper so that I can stamp uninterrupted!!

The white card base is 5 3/4" square. A cherry cobble red mat is topped by SUs fabulous silver glimmer paper. I really like this stuff - it is a bit lighter weight and more flexible than any other glimmer paper I have come across. I wish they made it in more than just 2 colours. BecauseI hate to waste any of this beautiful paper, I cut 1/2" strips to create the mat. A penny saved and all that.


The piece of c/s for the top layer was scored on all four sides at 3/8" in. Then I stamped the holly sprig (from SU's Bells and Boughs stamp set)  as well as the greeting (also SU - Season's Greetings) in silver encore ink and embossed it all with silver EP. Coloured in the berries with a marker, added some silver cord and rhinestones, and assembled everything. Inside, I used two small strips of glimmer paper, stamped the holly with silver lightly so as to not detract from the words, and added the sentiment with cherry ink.

Another card I can send for regular postage rates - this one is a mailer. All supplies, with the exception of the Heartfelt Creations inside sentiment, are SU although the cord is retired.


No comments:

Post a Comment