Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Smooth Sailing

Tomorrow we are off to the west coast for a week and my DH's birthday falls in that time. So I am taking this card along to give to him on the day.


The stamp is from Our Daily Bread Designs and was a part of that little rubber splurge I mentioned a few posts back. I stamped it onto very vanilla c/s using basic brown ink, then die cut it with SB Labels Eight Then I sponged on distress inks; mustard seed to give the effect of light around the lighthouse, and vintage photo to distress the edges.

On another piece of vanilla c/s, I stamped various nautical images from random sets in brown to create a collage, then sponged on the same two inks. I also stamped my greeting and die cut it with SB's Ribbon Banners and distressed it. Finally, I stamped one corner of the lighthouse stamp again and punched out the compass. After adding some of the inks, I put a bronze brad through the middle.

I folded some gold c/s into a Z-card which measures 6x7" when closed.. Then I attached a 1 1/4" strip of the collage paper to the front and, with a crop-a-dile, attached two large bronze eyelets. I die cut another label eight in caramel c/s, then created a third mat in espresso by hand. I put these together with the stamped layer and attached to the card front.the banner is adhered with dimensionals, and the compass with a foam square. The latter is thicker so I can get two heights.



On the inside, I put another strip of the collage paper, an espresso label eight die cut topped with a vanilla layer on which I stamped more nautical images (these one from HFC), printed a message I created on the computer, and inked up with the mustard and vintage photo inks.

Finally, I tied on some natural twine through the two eyelets.

It will be a couple of weeks before I can post again, After the trip, I will have my beautiful grand-daughter staying with us. She is such a joy, but  I will be busy for a while with her. But I will still be stamping, at least a bit, as she does love to stamp with me. What can I say - another generation is initiated.






No comments:

Post a Comment