Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Rubber Orgy

Hah! I knew that one would get your attention. I had such a great time last week visiting my friend, Rhea at R&R Scrapbooking to pick up my Just Rite order. It was, shall we say, sizable. I have no excuses now not to participate in lots of JRS challenges. I am currently saving up all my extra cash so I can place another order for Christmas items, because I have nothing here in the rubber room that I can use to start on those holidays missives! LOL

Meanwhile, here is a card I made for my grandson who just turned 19. (Yikes - how rude!) To his credit though, he always compliments me on the cards I make for him and say he can't believe I actually make them myself. Such a wonderful young man.



I started with the JRS stamp set, 'Premium Labels'. It was included in last week's little spree. Then I chose my papers. The diagonal stripe patterned c/s is a retired one from SU which I made into a 'z' card,  and the small  light green inner ring on the inside plus the vertical band on the front are of unknown origin from my stash. I also used some scraps of chocolate chip, always artichoke and very vanilla.

I stamped using chocolate chip ink, then added some green to the front medallion with artichoke re-inker and a paint brush, and then die cut the finished item with the JRS 'Antique Labels 1' die set. The inner words are from the  'Birthday Vintage Labels 4' JRS stamp set.

I stamped the front image a second time in artichoke, hand cut the blank area in the center, then stamped the greeting with choc. chip ink and mounted it with foam squares.  The ovals are all die cut with SB classic oval dies.  The final touch was a bit of twine tied around the front ovals before attaching the JRS label with foam squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment