Saturday, July 13, 2013

Anniversary Request

A good friend called me yesterday and asked if I had a large sized card for a silver anniversary. I did not but had planned to make one for my own use that day, so another card seemed no problem.

Well it probably would not have been a problem if I had just made a second card the same as the first, but I must admit I got a little carried away. What I ended up with were two similar cards with great variations and lots of bling.

The first, for the silver anniversary, is the one I am showing today. I still have to finish the inside of number #2.

I had originally planned to make the card only in white and silver, but I opened my paper cupboard door and this beautiful seafoam green paper caught my eye. I just had to work it in to the design.

A word of caution about this paper which is from American Crafts and called POW! It has a plastic backing on it and is a nightmare to try and cut with dies. For some reason, they only cut the top and not the plastic backing. You have to use a craft knife or very sharp scissors to finish the job.

I also used some Recollections paper called Foil Paper in silver. The card measures 5 1/2 x 7 1/2",



I cut the first mat from the silver c/s and the second from the glitter c/s. Then I used an SB die, Floral Ovals, and die cut the silver die. I stamped the medallion with versamark on white c/s and applied Heat and Stick. After heating it, I added some seafoam micro fine glitter (Martha Stewart) and reheated it to seal the glitter to the card. Next I stamped the greeting in the middle with versamark, added silver EP and heat embossed it. The stamps are from the JRS set, Enjoy the Day. Finally, I die cut it all with a die from JRS (Vintage Labels 4). These layers were then adhered to the card front.


I found some lovey silver taffeta in my stash and made the bow with my homemade bow maker. I am so lucky to have a very handy husband who has a shop full of carpentry supplies to rival my craft room.  After scavenging through the embellishment cupboard, I came up with the white fabric flower parts (SU). I trimmed 3 of the 4 flower parts, each a bit shorter than the other so that they would layer. Then I apply some glue to the tips of the petals and dipped them into the same glitter as above, and also did the same to 3 stamens from the same SU package. When they dried, I put it all together with glue dots. The numbers were die cut from some silver scraps and glued to the top of the flower.


Finally, I applied some pearls (from the stash - I think they are Recollections. Again, due to the plastic-like finish of the glitter c/s, they don't want to stick all that well. If you use this c/s, I would suggest extra adhesive of some sort. Then I used sticky strip to apply the bow to the card, and the flower to the bow.

Inside, I die cut the three layers using SB Grand Labels 4, SB Floral Ovals, and JRS Vintage Labels Four. My friend requested I leave it blank so the family could write in their own sentiment.

That's about it. I hope to have the inside of card #2 done tomorrow so that I can post it. For now, though, I will head outside to water my plants. I hope you all have a good weekend.











No comments:

Post a Comment