Sunday, July 21, 2013

More Anniversary Bling

This past week has been a little busy for me with a day long golf tournament, a trip to the doctor followed by x-rays, and a local two day music festival.  There was a wonderful band from Brazil visiting our area: their music was just fabulous and had the whole crowd out on the floor dancing.

 Finally, as promised, I have found time to post the other anniversary card. Both cards have already reached their intended recipients and were well received.



This card began with inspiration from Becca Feeken,, and her use of one of the newly released Spellbinders die sets. Of course, I did not have the new item, so I worked with what I do have and one thing led to another. When you go to Becca's page, scroll down a bit - it is the second item in that post.

I used an ivory 5 x 61/2" card base and added a mat of gold Recollections glitter c/s. Note that this product is identical to the sea foam one I used on the last post and. therefore,  is as tricky to work with. You see that gold doily layer? I ended up cutting all those little holes out by hand after running it through the big shot several times to no avail! The ivory scallop circle was cut with a Marianne die, and I used SB's Label 18 for the greeting layer.

The greeting is from a long-retired SU set which I stamped with gold encore ink and embossed with gold EP. The beautiful fold and organdy ribbon is from my stash. I attached a bond around the gold mat layer, then made a triple bow to glue to the back of the chiffon flower (Recollections) The rhinestone and pearl swirls are K&Co.



On the inside, I layered two sizes of the Labels 18 die cuts, one gold  glitter, and one ivory. Then I hand wrote a message. I forgot to take a picture before I added my message so you will just have to imagine how it looked.

I did learn something very interesting about my supplies while working on these two cards. I do not own one single 'Happy Anniversary' stamp. How, with all these gazzillion stamps sets, is that even possible?

That is it. My card ended up looking quite a bit different than Becca's lovely creation, but that is a good thing. I love when CASEing leads to your own inspiration. Now it is bedtime. Tomorrow, I will post a card I made today that is pretty much a straight case of a card by another of my favorite bloggers. See you then.





No comments:

Post a Comment