Monday, November 11, 2013

Technical difficulties

Well, that was interesting for a tech-challenged person such as myself. Since I last posted, I got a new phone; accounts and passwords were lost in the shuffle. Between that, a different computer, and travel, it has taken me a long time to figure out how to access my blog again. I do often wish I was more competent with these machines. I am proud to say that I figured it out on my own and did not have to go to my computer tech/son again. Even the most patient person has limits!


So here is my latest creation. In between attempts to get back on-stream, I decided to try another Friday challenge (#109) at JustRite Stampers. It is a WOW or White on White challenge. I always love WOW cards - they are just so pure and elegant.

To me white on white is either wedding or Christmas, and since there is no wedding in my immediate plans, I opted for the latter.

I started with Bazzil's Diamond cardstock, and embossed it with a Spellbinder two-sided M-bossibility folder, Holiday Magic.

Spellbinder's Layered Poinsettia die was used to create the blossom. While the c/s was still in the die, I dabbed the exposed areas on the front with white pigment ink, then popped the diecuts out and sprinkled a diamond white embossing powder on and heat set it. The swirl behind the poinsettia is die cut using Heartfelt Creations' Bella Rose die.

The largest die from SB's Resplendant Rectangles was used for the mat layer, and JustRite's Vintage Label Three die for the front piece. Before die cutting the front piece, I stamped and embossed the frame from JustRite's Christmas labels 22 using the white/crystal EP. Then I added the sentiment from the same stamp set using a silver EP.

All the elements were put together using a combination of foam squares and glue dots. I added a white satin bow with a beautiful silver and crystal embellishment from Stampin'Up. The crystal center in the poinsettia is from my stash (unknown origin).

That is it. I will be back soon with tales of my latest stint in the HFC booth at the Mesa Rubber Stamp show, and some new cards. I have not been idle in the blog-down time!

6 comments:

  1. This is so elegant and beautiful!! The embossing is fabulous!! I love the gorgeous poinsettia!! What a stunning card!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all I want to thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. Your card is stunning love how you embossed the poinsettia with the white EP makes it so shimmery . I took a few minutes to browse your blog it is lovely and your work is inspiring to say the least . I'm now a follower . Good luck in the challenge!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO pretty and festive! I love the layers and embossing! Thanks for joining us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO pretty and festive! Love the layers and embossing! Glad you got your tech stuff figured out without too much trouble! Thanks for taking time to join us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO pretty and festive! Love the layers and embossing! Glad you got your tech stuff figured out without too much trouble! Thanks for taking time to join us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo BEAUTIFUL, Judi! I'd also planned to do a Poinsettia card myself, but (sigh) life got in the way -- your card is fabulous. Glad you figured out the techie stuff -- I always say if you wanna feel really 'dumb', get a smart phone -- LOL!!! (Been there/done that!!!)

    ReplyDelete