Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Heartfelt Christmas Part One

Despite the best of intentions, I was not able to get back as soon as I had wanted. A house full of company will do that!

I was playing with Heartfelt Creations' printed paper pack, 'Christmas Card Collection' and this is some of what I came up with. I was able to make 8 different cards in 2 hours. You can make over 72 cards with one pack of paper and some card bases.

I will show you a few of them over the next few posts.


This first one is, I think, my favorite result. I used the SB classic oval die to cut the oval center from the printed panel. Then I cut a die one size larger from Recollections gold foil c/s to mat the sentiment.

From the same gold c/s, I cut a square and matted the panel. Then I layered it all on a 5 3/4" square card base made from Recollections Signature c/s in champagne. I love how the gold makes everything pop.

Inside sentiments are also provided in the paper pack. This really makes card making quick and easy if you are in a rush.













I made a second card using the same panel (you get two of each in every package). but kept it a little more simple. This time I made the ivory card base 5" square and attached the panel unaltered. Then I adhered 4 beautiful gemstones from my stash using Dries Clear glue, one to each corner.








The last step was to add the inner sentiment, and voila - done. Easy Peasy.









For today's final card, I made the base from a patterned panel also in the package. There are four 6x6 panels on each page and I used two of them without cutting down the center line.


The tree image panel is layered on this base and then a small greeting panel is attached to the bottom right corner. So far, pretty quick and easy.

Then, using Dries Clear glue, I created the snow with shell white glitter.

Inside is another sentiment panel. Again, so fast and simple but with wonderful results.




Keep tuned for more of these cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment