Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Heartfelt Christmas Part Two

Welcome back. In today's post I am showing more of the HFC cards as promised.

Today's cards all have the theme of the First Christmas. The design panels, as is the case with most of the designs, are actually available as stamps as well, so if you find you really like any particular panel, you can check the website for the rubber stamp to match.

The first two cards use the same picture but in different sizes and layouts. The larger one is a landscape layout and I chose to cut the center rectangle out and mat it with HOTP's beautiful burgundy velvet paper. I used the same paper to mat the main part of the panel and then I layered it all on a 5x6 1/2" card base made from the Recollections Signature c/s in champagne. 

I added a small sentiment rectangle with foam squares and glued on a small rhinestone. The final step was some diamond Stickles on the star.

A beautiful sentiment on the inside finished it off perfectly.

I tried hard to catch to beauty of the velvet paper in the photograph but it just came out very dark. It is really lovely IRL.





The second manger scene is smaller and portrait oriented. I used a very simple treatment of mounting the whole panel on the Recollections Signature c/s A2 card base (shimmery silver), and adding the sentiment with foam squares.

















The same star treatment was used on this card as well, and the inside greeting was added. Hmmm- it would seem some of these pictures were take at a bit of an angel. I must work on that!!!








The final card for today is the shepherds scene - a square panel. I did not want to mat anything on this one but did want to pop up the center square, so I opted to use both panels that are provided in the paper pack.

I cut the inner rectangle from one panel, carefully preserving the outer part of the panel for the inside of the card. Then I mounted it on the second identical panel with foam squares. 

The card base, from a smooth ivory c/s, is 5 3/4" square. The familiar star treatment was applied.








The inside is the outer rectangle of the panel mentioned above, and a sentiment is adhered in the open center area. 








That is about it. You can see why these cards go together so quickly.  See you again tomorrow with my final post of these cards, though far from the last of the collection I made.




No comments:

Post a Comment