Friday, March 2, 2012

Poppy Fields

For the Feb. week 4 sketch over at Verve stamps, seen here -




I decided to work with a wonderful piece of pattered paper from |the Graphics 45 collection, The Magic of Oz.  As you can see I twisted the design 90 degrees.



I love the colours and the vivid poppies. I pulled out the deep coral and the green for my base, matt, label and ink. The base paper is Core-dinations, the perfect pear green is SU, and the circle is vanilla, also SU. I sponged the circle with poppy ink (SU) before removing it from the die. Both circle and label (#18) dies are Spellbinders.


The vertical contrast paper is the back side of the poppy paper. I also cut out one of the poppies from the paper to adhere to the label. Both the circle and the poppy are attached with dimensionals.

Finally, the sentiment, one of about 5 that I have along with me, (unless I go shopping of course - hehehe) is from the Just Rite set, Fancy Labels.

That's it. Pretty straight forward. Another great sketch that is a keeper for those times when the mojo is not working. I hope to have time next week to post - depends on whether my company sleeps in or not!!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful papers judi! Love it! See you tomorrow..... :)

    ReplyDelete