Thursday, October 2, 2014

A moose is loose in the hoose.

That was my husband`s comment when he saw this card. It is a line from a recent episode of the TV series, Mrs. Brown`s Boys. Apparently, according to Mrs Brown, this is how Canadians talk.

Anyway, I attended a needle craft and scrap booking fair last weekend and purchased this cute little fellow that is one of a series of stamps by Sue Coccia called Animal Spirit Stamps. I had the opportunity to make a card using the frog from the same series, but chose to purchase the moose because we have these guys passing through our yard on a regular basis.


I stamped him on white cs (4 1é4 x 5 3é4) with cocoa archival ink. I also stamped him randomly around the outer edge of another piece of white (5 1é4 x 6 3é4). Then I applied Rusty Hinge distress ink with a sponge applicator to both layers in circular motion from the outter edges inwards, leaving the top mat lighter towards the middle. I used the same treatment on a 3`x1 scrap of white cs and stamped the words from a retired SU set. Finally, I darkened the edges with Walnut Stain distress ink and the sponge. The cs for the mat and card base (5 1é2 x 7) is Cajun Craze from SU, also distress with Walnut Stain.

The frayed burlap ribbon is from SU, distressed with the Ranger ink, and the brads are from my stash. This will be a great card for a male birthday. I will be making more of these and will probably have to keep a list of who I give it to so that I don`t duplicate!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your card! The image is amazing and I love how you used the distress ink to go around the edges. Great birthday card!

    ReplyDelete