Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I've Got the Blues - and Greens

Good morning everyone. Again today, I have created a couple of cards using a single page of the Heartfelt Creations patterned paper and, like last time, these cards fell together. The collection I choose my paper from for this post is called 'Sunny Day'.

On the first card, I used a corner of the paper that had a leafy spray printed on it. I matted it with a dark green card stock and mounted it all on a 5x6 1/2 inch white card base.



Next, I cut two dies in the same green card stock using the Decorative Chateau Gate Die. I cut off the bottom half of each die cut and then placed them end to end to create an oval backing for my sentiment.

The sentiment is from a page of printed sentiments at the back of the pack of paper. This is another reason I love these paper collections by HFC. If you are on a tight time schedule and need to push out a quick card, you don't even have to pull out the stamps and ink. A few quick cuts and some glue and you have a finished product.

Sunny Day Paper Collection

There are also two pages of ATC sized labels that you can use to stamp your own sentiment on.

Sunny Day Paper Collection


Do you get the feeling that I am partial to HFC's papers?

Okay, so I cut, trimmed, and corner-rounded one of the sentiment labels that matched the paper and adhered it to the green die cut I created in the previous step.


Using all the little floral dies from the Layered Scalloped Posy Die, I cut ten little flowers from white card stock, sponged on a bit of yellow ink, added an orange center with a Marvey Marker, and attached five of them to the front of the card.


The other five went on the inside of the card, on top of a strip of the patterned paper and two die cut leafy branches from the Chateau Gate die set used above.













On the second card, I cut a square of patterned paper from the same piece of paper, but from an area where there was very little design showing. This was glued on to a 6x6 inch mat of dark green card stock, and then to a white card base.


I used the die from the Bella Rose die set, and a lighter green card stock to create my leafy spray die cut. Then, while it was still in the die, I sponged on some Tim Holtz forest moss ink to give the leaves a bit of depth. I attached it to the card front and added a bunch more little posies with glue dots.



The frame for the sentiment was cut using the Spellbinders decor labels eight set and the dark green c/s. Layered on top is another of the pre-printed sentiment labels with rounded corners.


The inside of this card is the same as the previous one, so I did not take a picture of it.

Usually, the design process is what takes me the longest when creating, but that has not been the case for these last two post. I have a feeling I will be using up these papers very quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment