Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Digital Studio

As I mentioned in my last post, SU has just released a new version of My Digital Studio - MDS2 and MDS2+.

For those of us who already owned the original program, we were able to download an upgrade for our existing software. It has some wonderful improvements and I went to town playing with it. I am not a big fan of digital embellishments however, so I make my base on the program, print it on white or vanilla C/S and then make a hybrid card with real embellishments added so my cards are still 3D.


The first one is a very simple shower card for my niece-to-be, Ashley. The wedding colour theme is green, white, and black, so I stayed with those colours. For the base I created my own pale green shade using the RBG palette in the design center. It is closer to the colour of the wedding invite. Then I saved this shade in 'my favorites' so I can use it again when I make their wedding card.

The digital stamp set is called Wedding Sweet, and I placed two 'small flowers' on the base and altered the colour to artichoke. Then I added the greeting in white and again in black, moving the black one to the back of the white like a drop shadow.

I printed the finished card front on white c/s and trimmed it to fit a 5x6 1/2" card base. Then I added SU pearls and a bow made with SU ribbon.

Inside, I again used the green base, added two smaller versions of the 'Small flower' and added a text box with my own words typed in.

One interesting side note on this; I was talking to someone in the IT department at SU a few days ago, and in the course of the conversation, I happened to question the white area created when adding the 'small flower' stamp to a project. Maryann realized that this is a glitch so she spoke to the design team and apparently it has since been fixed. I have to download the newest version now, but it is cool to have been the one to discover the error.I really feel like a team member now.

Post script; I did manage to download the improved digital stamp set - 'Wedding Sweet' and the little white space glitch has indeed been corrected. I have gone back and fixed my project so the next time I use it, those white spaces will be gone. So cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment