Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Blooms

That is what comes to mind for me with this card. I picture my friend's garden out on Vancouver Island, where you don't have to nurture things to keep them going, and everything is lush and verdant. Beautiful gardens filled with hydrangeas, peonies, giant hostas.....but I digress. My simple attempts at gardening here in central Alberta reflect  our local sandy soil, the ongoing battle to keep the deer away, and my distinct lack of a green thumb. So I have to create my gardens on paper.

This card began, as it often does, with the patterned paper by My Mind's Eye. I love the soft aquas and lilacs. I matted it with orchid c/s (a retired SU colour) and attached it to a 6x6 white card base. All card stock here is from SU.

The medallion has a bottom white lacy circle die cut, topped with baja  and white standard circles. On the white circle, I stamped my sentiment in orchid ink and sponged more ink around the edges while it was still in the die. I attached this top layer to the rest with dimensionals.

The flowers and leaves (pear c/s) are from a set of Marianne Creatables dies. I wanted something light and airy feeling. I cut two dies for each of the two blooms, sponged on a bit of the orchid ink,  then shaped them a bit and offset them. There are seven leaf die cuts, and I flipped a few of them.

The inside is another cut of the patterned paper from a corner where there was a bit more open space to leave room for words.



I hope you like my garden. Happy stamping.

1 comment:

  1. love the diecut to this soft card...it feels like a water painting. love it and very inspirational...hum....getting some ideas going??? thanks... :)

    ReplyDelete