Friday, November 22, 2013

A Heartfelt Christmas Part Last

In this last post, I have four cards to show.



This first card was probably the fussiest one I made and again I used both of the identical panels in the paper pack.  From panel one, I carefully cut out the ornament using a utility blade. From the second panel, I cut out the inner square, reserving the outer part for the inside of the card.

First I attached the back panel to a 5x6 1/2" card base (Recollections Signature c/s champagne). Then I layered the inner square and the ornament using foam squares. I used Diamond Glaze to cover the ornament to give it a glassy look. When it dried, I applied a second coat.












On the inside, I attached the greeting and two extra element cut from panel two, as mentioned above.







The next two cards were done in an identical manor although the panels used were different. So I will just cover them both in one description. I cut a met for the panel from HOTP's velvet paper. Then I cut two sizes of poinsettia from the middle of the velvet mat using Spellbinder's Nested Poinsettias die.





















The printed HFC panel was layered over the velvet mat, and then adhered it all to a card base (the same as used in the card above). I used glue dots to attach the poinsettia, and a 3rd glue dot to attach the golden gemstones to the center of the poinsettia.




I finished to cards with a sentiment panel inside and a decorative strip from the paper pack.                           



I have one more card to show in this series, though as I said, it is not the last one I made.                             

I made a couple of major changes to this card because I wanted to lighten up the overall appearance. You    can see the finished card compared to the original panel in this photo.                                                                
  
With a utility blade, I carefully removed the snowman square from the center of the card. Then I die cut a       mat from some shimmery blue Bazzil cs using Spellbinder`s Decorative labels one die. Because I did not       want to background to show through the lacy holes of this diecut, I hand cut a backing from white                 cardstock and adhered it behind the blue diecut, then attached the snowman to the top of that. This               effectively hides the black frame on the original panel.                                                                                   



I trimmed the out black frame from the back panel, then created a 5 3é4`mat       from the blue Bazzil cs.  Now I layered everything together and attached it all to a white card base.  The final step was to add some diamond Stickles for a snowy       effect. An inside was added and the card was  done.                                                    

I hope you have enjoyed this series of cards, and that, if you feel you are too rushed to make your own            cards this Christmas, this inspires you to rethink that. you can make some beautiful cards with very little              effort, and they can be cards that can go through the mail with out extra postage.                                            

Have a great day, and get your fingers inky.


     


                                                                                                                                                         

                                                                                                                                                 




           

No comments:

Post a Comment